You are hereDental implants
Dental implantology is carried out at Birdgate Dental. We accept referrals for treatment of all aspects of dental implantology. This includes referrals from dentists and individual self referrals.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that are inserted into healthy bone and act as artificial anchors for crowns, bridges and dentures. This allows the restoration of gaps without the destruction of adjacent teeth.
In most cases, implants need to be in place for 3 to 6 months before crown, bridge or denture work can be fitted however more rarely crowns and dentures may be fitted at the same time as the implant.
Advantages of dental implants
- Reliable - once placed the success rate of dental implants can be 98%, making this the treatment of choice.
- Aesthetic - dental implants integrate with the bone and are covered by the gum. A natural appearance is attained once the crown/bridgework or denture is fitted
- Tooth-saving - dental implants allow the restoration of gaps without the need for destruction of adjacent teeth.
- Confidence - dental implants allow you to smile, speak and eat in total confidence without the looseness of a denture or black stained margins of existing crown and bridgework.
Implantology at Birdgate Dental
Our unique implant service at Birdgate Dental was established nearly 10 years ago to provide the very best implant treatment for patients. Dr Sarah Glover is the principal implant dental surgeon at Birdgate Dental. Dr Aivaras Januskevicius also provides dental implants to his patients.
- Dr Sarah Glover's interest in dental implants started over 15 years ago when she completed research at the Center for Biomaterials in Toronto, Canada. She is currently studying to Masters degree level in Implant Dentistry with The Royal College of Surgeons based in London. Dr Aivaras Januskevicius is also studying to Masters degree level in Implant Dentistry at Warwick University (meeting General Dental Council standards)
- Dr Sarah Glover also has a Masters level Diploma in Restorative Dentistry with The Royal College of Surgeons (Eng) and has considerable experience restoring dental implants.
- At Birdgate Dental we are a multi-system implant centre providing tailor-made treatment plans for each patient
- A detailed report and treatment options are provided for each patient to take home for piece of mind
- Sedation is provided for nervous patients.
- Both simple and complex bone augmentation procedures can be carried out at Birdgate Dental
Dr Sarah Glover accepts referrals for treatment of all aspects of dental implantology and restorative dentistry. This includes referrals from dentists and patients.